This blog will help you when caravanning away. My family and I have been on caravan holidays since I was quite young. We started off in a static caravan in Cromer, Norfolk and went most school holidays. We then stopped as it was not as convenient as we had a dog and the caravan site was not dog friendly.
As a family we had a break from caravanning for a number of years but decided about 8 years ago to get a tourer caravan as we could go to different places and take our dog. We basically bought the caravan for the dog, he is very spoilt. Olly our dog loves going on his adventures in the caravan.
Here are some tips I would highly recommend.
- Check out the local area and see how far it is to the areas you want to visit.
- Wifi. Some sites do not have great wifi so always check 1st.
- Read reviews of sites as it a good giveaway of what the sites facilities are like.
- If you are sleeping on the bed that is made up make sure you turn the cushions upside down as you will not feel all the ridges.
- For the best comfort get a duvalay they are so comfortable.https://www.duvalay.co.uk/duvalay-freshtec-sleeping-bag
- Get a Mia Tui Alex bag to take over to the shower block. They fold up and a perfect size to take all your stuff to the shower block.https://miatui.com/collections/alex-folding-travel-bag-1
- If you can choose your caravan pitch look at map before hand to see where you want to be.
- Take spare blankets as some nights it can get quite cold.
- If travelling with a dog have a box of all their stuff together.
- Use shower as an extra storage. We always use the shower block for showers.
- Use a old milk bottle and cut off the top to use as a bin.
- Don’t forget your chairs to sit outside.
- If you join the Caravan and Motorhome club and using your caravan several times a year and like using wifi join for the year as it is better value.
- We always use Crocs as they are quick and easy to pop on.
Finally I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog. If you would like to read any of my other blogs please click on this link https://rosinaslifeisnice.co.uk